Fellow SUA Brothers & Sisters:
It is my sincere hope that you are well and weathering this unprecedented time in our history. As I compose this message, the fall sports season has commenced (with a few hiccups) and Governor Murphy has signed an executive order clearing the way for indoor sports. I want to take a few minutes to update you on a few key items our Board has been working on.
- Shore Conference: I’m happy to inform you that we’ve created a committee to negotiate with the SC on the following issues:
- Revision of the coaches “preferred lists”
- Placing a time limit on sub-varsity games.
- Our committee has met with the SC and had very productive discussions on both issues. I’m hoping to have more to report soon.
- Recruitment/Development: The Board continues to research innovative ways to recruit, develop, and recognize our officials and get them exposure to coaches. This topic has been an integral part of our discussions with the SC as related to the coaches lists. If you know of anyone interested in joining SUA please have them contact me at email@example.com
- ZebraWeb: As with any new system, our new assigning platform has presented our Assignor with a number of challenges. He’s has been working closely with the Board to address issues as they emerge. If you have not already set up your ZW account please do so ASAP. Instructions are on our website.
- Meetings: Current Covid protocols have presented us with several challenges related to “in-person” meetings. The Board is following this situation closely and is looking at virtual options for the 2021 season.
If you have specific questions, comments, or suggestions please feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 848-221-5958.
Remember to follow us on Twitter @shoreumpires
Yours in sports,